Thursday, March 15, 2012

my memory is working...is yours?

Working memory is memory that is interacting with the environment. It is the memory that doesn't allow you to concentrate on a boring text book, it's the memory that makes you think "what did I just read?" after getting to the bottom of the page. I found an article on working memory from Science Daily. It was kind of funny for me to read because at the beginning they start off with, "Odds are, you're not going to make it all the way through this article without thinking about something else." They were right! I got though part of the article and then I found myself wondering, thinking about the free response tomorrow, what I'm going to wear to school, what I'm going to say in this blog. When i finally started paying attention to the article again, I was almost done reading it! I went back and reread. In Madison they were doing experiments with people's working memories by giving them each a task to do. This with higher working memory capacities were more prone to start wondering than those with normal working memory capacities.

Heres the article, I hope you like it!
Working Memory

No comments:

Post a Comment